Friday, August 13, 2004

Grounded!

My tail motor seized up while flying today and now I am stuck waiting on parts plus I ordered a few upgrades that will either eliminate my need for the damper system I made out of paperclips or make it much better. I flew great last night and today. I am starting to work on 3D hovering (more difficult). Bill also helped me fix one of the broken tailrotor blades and it was working today before my motor seized. It's pretty stressful trying not to crash this thing and it can quickly grow into an expensive hobby. I found that it is common to burn up motors every so many flights and they aren't that expensive. You can spend a little more money and get better, more powerful motors. I might do that when I lose my main motor. I took my training gear off last night to and the helicopter looks so much smaller and I ended up trying to be a lot more careful so I put it back on for a little while longer.

No comments: