Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Box Landings

Wow! Tonight was fun. I flew two batteries worth of flight and only landing a few times. I was hovering within a couple of feet of the intended point at head height. I even made some landings on top of boxes and tables. One box was only twice the length of the helicopter in size and had obstacles right in front of it so there was little room for error. It was a rush to be doing so well and I feel bad for Bill because I know he really wants to fly his but he is waiting on parts. I'm ready to set up simple skill challenges, but I have no one to challenge right now. I have heard at least one more person say they are going to buy one. It is going to be funny to see them popping up all around the camp.

2 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

That is cool to hear. How big is the helicopter?

Jonesturtle said...

It's a micro helicopter. From blade tip to tail it is only about 2 feet long. Very squirrelly little guy. Its definately a fun hobby and in the micro world, not as expensive as I would have thought.