Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Landing on the Freeway

I love my job.

I hate knowing people are hurt and/or dying, but one of the advantages of my mission is that I get to land a helicopter in some really interesting places and sometimes it is a challenge. Recently I had a mission where I was responding to an accident on a freeway overpass in Baghdad. It was the first time I ever landed on a bridge before and to make it more interesting I had one of those signs that hangs over the freeway telling you how far it is to the next exit right in front of me, a 15+ ft fence on one side of the bridge and 50 ft light poles running down the center. All in all it made it a really confined space. Even though it is really exciting to me, in the end it all comes down to hopefully getting to feel satified knowing I helped save someone's life.

3 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

That is really cool to hear about! I always wanted to fly a helicopter. Maybe I will one of these days.

Anyways, did you ever set up a Gmail account? Let me know...Selah!

FadingFlower said...

Chris,

That is sooo awesome to read all the posts you've made. Thank you so much for all you're doing for our country, not to mention the rest of the world! Our prayers are with everyone over there, and I'll be praying for you too now! God bless you, and thanks again!

<>< Christi <><

Jonesturtle said...

As always, thanks for the support.