Saturday, December 18, 2004

Christmas in Iraq

Each day is getting closer and closer to Christmas and it hasn't been to bad. It has been relatively quiet in our area and we just had a cold snap. It gets down to 30 during the night and around 50 during the day. I have received lots of Christmas cards from friends and family and several boxes with holiday goodies and ornaments. Unfortunately I can't display them all because I don't have the room. I have a living and work area that I share with another person that is only 16 ft by 16 ft. We have done a great job setting it up though so it is really comfortable, but it makes you stir crazy after being here a year.

I put up some lighted garland on the front of my tent sent by my parents and we have a little tree to hang the homemade ornaments that I received. It all helps it make it feel a lot more like Christmas which is a pleasure. The greatest Christmas present is just knowing that our replacements will be here soon and we will get to go home.

No comments: